As the year draws to a close, I wanted to share with you my favorite job sites. The listing comes from a combination of personal research and client feedback. Nine of the sites are "all purpose", while five are specific to defined job sectors. Sites are listed in alphabetical order, and they are all free of charge (although some have premium upgrades available):
2) www.Craigslist.com - Many jobs listed here are only listed here; the majority are relatively low-paying, quite a bit of spam.
3) www.Dice.com - I.T.
4) www.Idealist.org - The best place to find job openings in the non-for-profit world
8) Mediabistro.com - Jobs in the communications and creative fields: journalism, design, PR, advertising, media
9) Monster.com - The Daddy of job sites
11) TheLadders.com - Jobs with salaries satrting at $75,000 - $100,000.
12) Topschooljobs.org - Educatiom
13) USAjobs.gov - Government
14) Vault.com - Finance, Consulting, and Law
Another excellent source for job openings in the DC / Baltimore area is the Brad Traverse Group (www.bradtraverse.com ) with many job listings for positions on the Hill, plus policy, communication and administrative jobs related to government. There is a $5 monthly fee.
Finally, to learn more about prospective employers, visit www.Glassdoor.com. You'll find reviews of companies written by employees (current and former), salary information, sample interview questions, and other valuable resources to assist you in your search.